Share this Product
Military Surplus Freeze Dried Avocado Slices in #10 Can
Military Surplus Freeze Dried Avocado Slices in #10 CanThese are REAL Avocados - freeze dried for a 25+ year shelf life. All cans were sealed in an oxygen/moisture free environment.
- #10 Can (aka Gallon size can)
- 9 oz per can (about 100 slices per can)
- U.S. Government/Military Surplus
- 25+ year shelf life
- No Refrigeration Required
- February 2019 Production Date
You can expect to get 25+ years out of them in the can - and probably as many as 30 to 40 since there is no water or oxygen in the can to spoil the avocado!!!
Preparation: Rehydrate avocado in cold water for 1 hour, drain excess water, and eat! You can use them on the sandwich, on a toast, in scrambled eggs, in guacamole, in salads, as a salad dressing, or any other way.
Avocados contain quite a bit of potassium, dietary fiber, and fats. Avocado oil alone is almost two-thirds (71%) monounsaturated fatty acids — aka the “good fats” shown to lower LDL, or “bad,” cholesterol and increase HDL, or “good,” cholesterol. Additionally, avocados are loaded with nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B, vitamin E, and vitamin A. Avocados are also a good source of dietary fiber. So they are just a great item to have in a disaster preparedness kit.
Once opened they will last:
- up to 1 year in a Zip Lock bag with refrigeration once opened but not re-hydrated
- up to 60 days in a Zip Lock bag without refrigeration once opened, but not re-hydrated
- up to 5 days in the fridge once they are re-hydrated
These are perfect for storing and using for many years! You can have real avocado in just an hour with no mess and no waste - and it doesn't matter if the power goes out!!! Perfect for camping, boating, traveling, or at the cabin.
Manufactured, Procured, and Canned in the USA