These are REAL sweet potato fries - freeze dried for a 25+ year shelf life. All cans were sealed in an oxygen/moisture free environment.
These Freeze Dried Sweet Potatoes are current production and were manufactured in 2018 by a large military defense contractor. We just purchased a large lot of these direct from a Defense Reutilization Office (DRO) Source. Although actual use is always classified on these kinds of bids, our information is that these are purchased for Executive Branch use, not for our troops in the field.That usually means these go to underground bunkers for continuity of government use by strategic military leaders, congressional members and sometimes even White House staff or leadership.
- #10 Can (aka Gallon size can)
- 16 oz per can (Equals to about 4 lbs of rehydrated fries)
- U.S. Government/Military Surplus
- 25+ year shelf life
- No Refrigeration Required
- June 2018 Production Date
You can expect to get 25+ years out of them in the can - and probably as many as 30 to 40 since there is no water or oxygen in the can to spoil the fries!!!
Preparation: Either eat right out of the can or rehydrate and use like regular fries. To rehydrate the fries, just wet them in cold water for 5 minutes, pat dry with a paper towel, and cook in the oven for another 12-20 minutes (at 425 F). If you like them crunchy, you can eat straight out of the can.
Once opened they will last:
These are perfect for storing and using for many years! You can have a great tasting food in seconds with no mess and no waste - and it doesn't matter if the power goes out!!! Perfect for camping, boating, travelling, or at the cabin.
- up to 1 year in a Zip Lock bag with refrigeration once opened but not re-hydrated
- up to 60 days in a zip lock bag without refrigeration once opened, but not re-hydrated.
- up to 5 days in the fridge once they are re-hydrated
Manufactured, Procured, and Canned in the USA