Military Surplus Freeze Dried Pork Chops in #10 Can
These Freeze Dried/Uncooked Boneless Pork Chops are a whopping 1/2 inches thick, center cut pork chops with less than 1/4 inches of fat all gourmet trimmed leaving a nice marbling. All cans were sealed in an oxygen/moisture free environment.
- #10 Can (aka Gallon size can)
- 15-20 Chops per Can
- U.S. Government/Military Surplus
- 25+ year shelf life
- No Refrigeration Required
- April 2021 Production Date
We opened several cans to try these out before we committed to such a large quantity, and these are actually amazing; Tender, Boneless, Gourmet Trimmed, Very Tasty and as Fresh as the Day they were Flash Frozen and Dehydrated! They are 1/2 inches thick with about 1/4 inches of fat providing excellent flavor.Each can contains between 15 and 20 boneless chops (Each chop is 1/2 inches thick prior to reconstitution), and to use just soak in warm or hot tap water for 20 minutes and cook.They come out of the can looking just like a boneless pork chop you would get at your grocer's deli - and there was no shrinkage when we cooked them. We've found that although great with only a 20 minute soak in warm tap water, if you let them sit longer they get even more tender.
You can expect to get 25+ years out of them in the can - and probably as many as 30 to 40 since there is no water or oxygen in the can to spoil them!!
Once opened they will last:
- up to 1 year in a Zip Lock bag with refrigeration once opened but not re-hydrated
- up to 60 days in a zip lock bag without refrigeration once opened, but not re-hydrated.
- up to 5 days in the fridge once they are re-hydrated
#10 Can (aka Gallon size can)