Military Surplus Freeze Dried Orange Poppyseed Pound Cakes
These are REAL Orange Poppyseed pound cakes - freeze dried for a 25+ year shelf life. All cans were sealed in an oxygen/moisture free environment.
- #10 Can (aka Gallon size can)
- Net Weight: 2 lbs 8 oz
- U.S. Government/Military Surplus
- 25+ year shelf life
- No Refrigeration Required
- July 2018 Production Date
You can expect to get 25+ years out of them in the can - and probably as many as 30 to 40 since there is no water or oxygen in the can to spoil the bread!!!
Preparation: Either eat right out of the can or rehydrate and use like regular pound cake. To rehydrate the cakes, just wet them in the water, milk, coffee, tea, or any other beverage of choice, and let it sit for 10 minutes in a sealed container (zip lock bags work great). Alternatively, you rehydrate them with steaming. Then use as a delicious dessert.
Once opened they will last:
- up to 1 year in a Zip Lock bag with refrigeration once opened but not re-hydrated
- up to 60 days in a zip lock bag without refrigeration once opened, but not re-hydrated
- up to 5 days in the fridge once they are re-hydrated
These are perfect for storing and using for many years! You can have a great tasting dessert in seconds with no mess and no waste - and it doesn't matter if the power goes out!!! Perfect for camping, boating, traveling, or at the cabin.
Manufactured, Procured, and Canned in the USA