The Big Berkey Water Filtration System is ideal for small to medium sized family use at home, weekends away, outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from sources such as as lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard. Perfect for everyday use and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available. The Big Berkey system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
- Purifies up to 3.5 gallons per hour
- Filter Life: Up to 3,000 gallons per filter element
- Holding Capacity: 2.25 Gallons
- Cleanable, Self-Sterilizing Filters
- High Grade 304 Stainless Steel
Used with 2 Black Berkey elements the system will purify up to a maximum of 3.5 gallons (13 liters) per hour*. This system can be expanded to use four purification elements which increases the maximum flow rate to 7 gallons (26 liters) per hour*.
* Max. flow rate is calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines. Flow rate will be 15-20% lower with addition of the PF-2 Fluoride/Arsenic Filters - slower to fill but well worth the extra time