Aquamira 2 oz. Water Treatment kills bacteria while enhancing the taste of treated water. Each kit come in easy to pour bottles making it the ideal options for treating bulk amounts of water for emergency or recreational use.
Aquamira Water Treatment in a convenient and economical 2 oz. size for treating larger batches of water. The 2 oz. size is perfect for treating stored water in 55 gallon or smaller containers, such as the WaterBasics Water Storage Kit. Aquamira Water Treatment treats drinking water using Chlorine Dioxide to kill bacteria, control the buildup of slime and improve the taste of stored water. Each kit contains everything you need to treat up to 60 gallons of water.
Features and Benefits
- Kills odor causing bacteria and enhances the taste of stored potable water.
- Controls the buildup of slime in water storage containers
- Once treated with Aquamira Water Treatment, and left sealed, stored water has a 5 year shelf life
- Treatment has a 4 year shelf life from manufacturing date
- Treats up to 60 gallons
- Easy to Use
- No Aftertaste
- Made in the USA
- EPA Reg. No. 71766-1
Chlorine dioxide is generated when the Aquamira® Water Treatment comes in contact with water. Chlorine dioxide is iodine and chlorine free. The unique formula works by releasing nascent oxygen, a highly active form of oxygen, which is a strong oxidant and a powerful germicidal agent. Chlorine dioxide has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s. Unlike free chlorine (familiar as household bleach) or other halogen chemicals (such as iodine), chlorine dioxide does not create potentially harmful by-products.
Aquamira’s key benefits are clearly evident when compared to the other common portable water treatment chemicals such as iodine. Chlorine dioxide is a significantly stronger oxidant than iodine, with greater pathogen killing power. Unlike iodine, chlorine dioxide kills protozoan cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia which are responsible for over 80% of waterborne illnesses. Chlorine Dioxide does not discolor water, nor does it give water an unpleasant taste. In fact, chlorine dioxide is often used to improve the taste of water by neutralizing unpleasant flavors.