** The compact Travel Berkey system is the perfect system for small homes and apartments, travel (fits in most suitcases), outdoor activities or unexpected emergencies
** Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
** Storage capacity of about 1.5 gallons
** Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 12" in height
** Maximum filters: 2 Black Berkey Elements (in upper chamber)
** System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base
** Height when in use: 18"
** Diameter: 7.5"
** Weight: 6.13 lbs empty
** For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-3 people
** Fully configured, this system can serve up to 33-66 people a day, during an emergency
** Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Travel Berkey system can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour
** Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to the top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
- Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water purification.
- The Black Berkey® Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey® Purification Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- Durability: Each Black Berkey® Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty