Sport Berkey Filter Water Bottle (22oz)
Holding Capacity : 22oz
Material: BPA/BPS FreeLow Density Polyethylene
The 22oz. Sport Berkey Portable Water bottle is the ideal choice for a personal traveling companion - featuring Berkey's exclusive IONIC ADSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION TECHNOLOGY.
The theory behind this innovation is simple. The Sport bottle's filter is designed to reduce or remove many harmful contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote streams, lakes, stagnant ponds, and sub-standard water supplies in foreign countries where regulations are non-existent or not enforced.
This superior technology used in the Sport Berkey portable water filter was developed, refined, and improved through investigative laboratory testing and field research. Our team of water filter experts, field engineers, and research specialists have developed this purification process over countless hours of testing and research. The media contained in the water filtering element removes contaminants by the surface phenomenon known as "adsorption" which results from the molecular attraction of molecules to the surface of the media.
Berkey Shower Filter with Massaging Shower Head
The Berkey Shower Filter works on a similar principle to a catalytic converter in an automobile. Inside the shower filter, free chlorine is converted into a harmless chloride. The scientific name for this chemical reaction taking place inside the Berkey shower filter is known as "Reduction-Oxidation," commonly referred to as Redox. Redox reactions can be chemically complex. Simply stated, during a Redox reaction electrons are transferred between molecules, creating new elements. For instance, when free chlorine comes in contact with the Berkey filtration media, it is changed into a benign, water-soluble chloride. This reaction changes free-chlorine to a larger chloride element, too large to evaporate or be absorbed by the skin.
Berkey Shower Filter WITHOUT Shower Head
The KDF shower filter removes up to 95% of chlorine. The KDF 55 granules also remove or reduce hydrogen sulfide, microorganisms, scale and water-soluble heavy metals such as lead, mercury and iron. KDF process media also kill bacteria and inhibit the growth of bacteria, algae and fungi. As an added benefit, KDF media reduce lime scale, mold and fungi in your shower. The dual media KDF Shower Filter will typically last 10,000 gallons or one year whichever comes first. The shower filter contains KDF 55 granules, which are most effective in removing or reducing chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, microorganisms, scale and water-soluble heavy metals such as lead, mercury and iron. KDF process media also kill bacteria and inhibit the growth of bacteria, algae and fungi. As an added benefit, KDF media reduce lime scale, mold and fungi in your shower. KDF process media are completely safe so the process is not toxic and does not cause any adverse side effects. Effective for both hot and cold water.
Black Berkey Primer
A hand priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey® Purification Elements offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey® Purification Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere
- If you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey® Primer makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- The Black Berkey®primer also purges(or back-flushes) the Black Berkey Purification Elements using air instead of water to clean the pores of the compressed carbon filter wall. Purging the Black Berkey® Purification Elements cleans the pores of debris that has accumulated with use and reduces the time and effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them
- Specifically designed for use with the Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- May be cleaned with mild soap and warm water. Do not microwave the Black Berkey® Primer
- Store in a cool dry place and keep out of direct sunlight
Go Berkey Kit
- The compact Go Berkey Kit is designed for camping, backpacking, school, travel, or in times of emergency. Lightweight and easily transportable
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 1 quart (.95 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 10" in height
- Maximum Filters: One Black Berkey Purification Element (upper chamber)
- Kit includes: upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 1 Black Berkey Purification Element, 1 wingnut, 1 washer, 1 priming button, 1 stainless steel lid, 1 Generic Sport Berkey Bottle (22 oz.), vinyl carrying case
- Height when in use: 14"
- Diameter: 4"
- Weight: 2.4 lbs empty
- Serves: 1 or 2 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with 1 Black Berkey Purification Element, the Go Berkey system can produce up to one gallon (3.8 liters) of purified drinking water per hour
- Not compatible with Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters